We are looking for Business Intelligence Engineer to join our talented data intelligence practice. This position will allow a talented and enthusiastic candidate the opportunity to have an immediate impact within the organization. As a BI Engineer, you will work closely with many teams across our company on complex dashboard, Ad Hoc reporting, data warehousing, advanced analytics projects to perform data sourcing, data profiling, data transformation, and data visualization functions. You will assist the data intelligence team in the development of enterprise-class data solutions that serve various purposes. An individual in this role will be called upon to support various operational tasks and support internal and external client projects.
We are looking for self-starters with the skills necessary where you will be directly responsible for addressing business needs through requirements gathering and collaborating on solution reviews to develop end-to-end data solutions including but not limited to data modeling, data delivery pipelines, data visualization, and working through complex problems and solutioning using agile development methodology. We are looking for a BI Engineer who is an ideal team player.
Here’s what a typical day for you might look like:
- Generate automated solutions with Alteryx
- Designs, develops, validates, and troubleshoots the ETL workflows and datasets in Alteryx for analysis, forecasting, and report delivery.
- Designs, develops, deploys, and supports sustainable BI solutions such as dashboards, scorecards, and various other forms of data visualization using Power BI or Tableau
- Build wireframes, Proof of Concepts (POC), Minimal Viable Product (MVP), and produce compelling and interactive dashboards
- Write complex SQL queries with multiple joins to automate/manipulate these extracts in Alteryx
- Create Alteryx related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Demonstrate ETL skills using Alteryx to address data quality, data completeness, and data management issues
- Document and Publish Alteryx workbooks and data extracts/ Alteryx workflows/ apps/macros
- Designing, developing, and deployment of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports
- Translate business logic from one system (Excel, SQL, etc.) into Alteryx in a quick and accurate manner
- Develop re-usable processes that can be leveraged and standardized for multiple instances
- Build data extraction ETL/ELT pipelines for data required for report or dashboard development
- Data extraction from various forms of data file formats, various databases, and REST API
- Perform extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) OR extraction, loading, and transformation (ELT) of data from various data sources using various data engineering tools and methods into a data lake storage or data warehouse.
- Build reusable datasets and models
- Build a report delivery process across the enterprise, adhering to the industry’s best practices and standards
- Provide support to end-users who are designing and building their reports using pre-defined data models
- Meet the requirements and deadlines established for a given project
- Follow internal processes and procedures
- Investigate and resolve reported defects
- Work closely with other team members to coordinate assignments and communicate status
- Working closely with the solution leads on solution design, architecture, and implementation.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
TMF Global is a fast-paced environment with high demand for a Data Intelligence team. A successful candidate sets a high standard for their delivery of quality solutions. Listed below are the desired experience and skills demonstrated by a successful candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Data Analytics or Software Engineering or Mathematics
- 2+ years of related experience with Alteryx with Core Certification required
- Hands-on skills and work experience in Alteryx Designer, Alteryx Server, and the tools with Alteryx such as Parsing, Transforms and Predictive
- 5+ years of development experience in Tableau and Power BI
- 5+ years of development experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 5+ years of experience in dimensional data modeling using Analysis tools like SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS) and Azure Analysis Services
- 5+ years of experience creating, managing, and troubleshooting complex reports/dashboards, SQL queries, views, procedures, and functions
- 5+ years of experience administrating Power BI (ex: Users, workspaces, Apps, building a new Power BI infrastructure from scratch, etc.)
- 5+ years of managing Power BI Governance
- 5+ years of Advance SQL development experience: Management of high volume of data, building aggregates, and cubes, tuning complex queries for performance, improving overall data retrieval process, indexing, and query plan analysis and refactoring
- 5+ years of data extraction development experience with a wide variety of ETL/ELT tools and processes
- 5+ years of working experience with Data Warehousing and Self-Service Business Intelligence
- 5+ years of working experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse
- Experience with Power BI licensing (ex: Power BI pro, Power BI Premium, etc.)
- Experienced working in the cloud and serverless database solutions (Azure, AWS, Snowflake, BigQuery, BigTable, etc.) in combination with any BI Tools (SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, etc.). Experience with Azure and Power BI and SSRS will be preferred.
- Experience with JIRA, Azure DevOps
- Experience with Version control applications (example: Azure DevOps, GitHub, BitBucket, etc.)
- Proficient in relational databases
- Azure experience is preferred.
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders and work through data-related inquiries and issues
- Effectively manage workload with shifting priorities and varying business requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify creative ways to achieve solutions
- Capable of taking responsibility for a task and managing it through completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong accounting background is a plus.
- Experience in Accounting, Investment management will be beneficial.
- Experience with Private Equity applications (Investran, Allvue, eFront) Real Estate (Yardi, MRI), Credit servicing (WSO, Black Mountain, Sentry, Loan IQ) technology stacks will be beneficial.
- Strong understanding of the Private Funds and Capital Markets (Credit/Debt Servicing) industry
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions based on insight and knowledge that impact the immediate team
- Accountable for ensuring high standards of delivery to clients
- Actively engages with customer to understand needs and will place a high priority on client service and satisfaction
- Prioritizes clients’ issues and address them accordingly
- Will keep up to date with business trends/ changes in law that will impact their role
- Understands TMF Groups' business lines and any relevant local regulatory requirements
- Has a good understanding of how TMF is structured
- Be able to demonstrate the impact of own actions on immediate team
Leadership and resource management
- Plans, coordinates and manages internal and external resources to deliver results in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Will share knowledge to ensure team targets are met
- Informally manages expectations of more senior colleagues regularly
- Manages internal and external stakeholders' expectations with regards to delivery, escalating concerns as appropriate
- Builds credibility across all stakeholder groups
- Able to engage with individuals all areas of an organisation on area of specialism
- Manages expectations so clients always feel valued
- Proactive in identifying opportunities and seeking solutions
- Ensures relevant information is obtained and shared as needed
- Takes responsibility for delivering superior products and services
- Implements improvements to client service